In Lent term 2021, we’re in a national lockdown so classes are all virtual. The schedule is:
Tuesdays 6:30-7:30pm – virtual Class
Fridays 5:50-8pm – virtual belt group classes, 40min per belt (exact details in the Google calendar)
Saturdays 2-3pm – park class in Cherry Hinton Hall Park, although obviously this is not happening while we’re in lockdown – look out for updates when government guidelines permit!
Saturdays 3-4pm – Additional park class run by Junior Instructors for students who want to stay and train more or those who can’t make the earlier class – also not happening while we’re in lockdown.
Saturdays 3-4pm – Teen park class run by Junior Instructors for new teen students. (Again, not in a park while we’re in lockdown.)
- MAUL Martial Arts Uniting Lives – overarching Organisation for Volunteerism and Community Building
- Ori-MAUL Originally Martial Arts Uniting Ladies, women’s class for all belt colours
- MiNi-MAUL Mighty Ninjas of MAUL, families class for all belt colours
When we’re not in a pandemic all classes take place at Queen Edith’s school unless otherwise noted – scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the location on a map:
- DH Dining Hall
- LH Large Hall
- SH Small Hall
Sessions and classes
Group training for specific belt colours
- 🦉 OWLs – Ordinary Warrior Levels, White through Orange belts
- 🦎 NEWTs – Nearly Excellent Warrior Trainees, Green through Blue belts
- 🐜 ANTs – Advanced Ninja Training Sessions, Brown+
- 🦇 BATs – Blackbelt Advanced Tae-Kwon-Do
- 🐹 WoMBAT – Women of MAUL Blackbelt Advanced Tae-Kwon-Do
- 🦸♀️ BLaST – Blackbelt Ladies Sharing Training
Syllabus area or style-based training
- 🧘 Come With Peace sessions – contemplative, peaceful sessions using taekwondo techniques for relaxation and self-reflection, Yellow+
- 🤼 GJJ – Groundwork Joy with Jenny, MiNi Green+ welcome in pairs, i.e. please bring a partner (Ori students are likely to find a partner at the session)
- 🤸♀️ MAT sessions – Majestic Airborne Training, Yellow+
- 🥊 SPAR sessions – Savvy, Poised and Artistic Rough-housing, Green+
Self-organised or student-led sessions
- 🌳 Park training – small group training organised by students for whichever belt(s), not always in the club calendar, can take place in parks or hosted by one of the students involved. Regular park training is highly encouraged, when permitted by the government’s guidelines, obviously.
- [INSERT NAME]wondo – 30-minute sessions run by MiNi student instructors, usually in an adjacent room after normal class
Updates to the calen-do-jang
We encourage members to check the Google calendar regularly as the most up-to-date source of information. We also send updates around by email and MiNi MAUL’s printed termly newsletter (when we’re not in a pandemic). We also endeavour to note changes on our news page.